Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RAMWorks projects .... "Pan"

Hi Folks,

What started out as a poseable figure 'Pan' I decided to take as many elements that I could get from the original mesh and create a Dusk for Pan set. I will need rigging with the legs. Similar to DAZ Creature legs but mine are more highly detailed and realistic looking. So I'm HOPING that Paul will team with me on this... I'll have to see about asking him about it...

Here are a couple of screen grabs from ZBrush..... As you can see the morph for Pan is coming along and work has begun for the legs.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	PanforDusk-01.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	18747

Name:	PanforDusk-02.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.1 KB
ID:	18781

Last edited by RAMWolff; 07-08-2015, 12:20 PM. Reason: Changing project from Pan to Pan for Dusk. New screen shots to head the thread... subsequent posts will be added to the posts that follow...
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Got the legs fitted now.....

Name:	PanforDusk-03.jpg
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	18787

Last edited by RAMWolff; 07-08-2015, 01:13 PM. Reason: Second post for Pan for Dusk....
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Comment

He looks fantastic! Really love this model.
      Terry
      deviantART gallery | Hivewire album

Comment

Thanks so much Tim. Hopefully he will see the light of day. Lotta work ahead. Once the modeling is done then the textures and then rigging. OMG! lol
        ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Comment

I have to envy anyone who can sculpt. I tried Sculptris, and another I can't remember the name of at the minute, and I felt like I had 3 thumbs. I thought it wouldn't be too hard since I use a pen and tablet, and have more control over the pen than I ever did with a mouse, but no-go. I guess I'll have to stick to regular modeling for now.

This looks awesome Richard. Keep at it.
          OK, Where's my chocolate?

My Renderosity Gallery

Miss B's Graphics

Comment

That's great work RW, well done so far.

Comment

Thanks folks. It took a long time B to get there. I have some knowledge of fine arts and sculpting in real life media but getting my bearings in ZBrush was a task unto itself, hence why I worked in Sculptris to make the base for this those years back. When I was done with that it was shortly there after, like 6 months or so, when Genesis 01 hit and I found out it was fully welded so making morphs were not going to be a juggling act getting all the exported pieces plugged in like with V4 and M4. That sent me on my way to delve into the UI of ZBrush more and more and asked allot of questions. I probably drove a few folks crazy with all the questions but that's how you learn. That's why when I can I help out immediately with showing what I know of what ever it is.....
              ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Comment

Three more shots of Pan for Dusk.... Front, Side and Back

All preliminary but I think this will work out if I can get some help with the rigging and perhaps someone to do some texturing for me.... I may look into some fur from ZBrush for the legs... I think the control tools are better than the first time played with the fiber hair...

Name:	Pan for Dusk Back.jpg
Size:	71.9 KB
ID:	18804

Name:	Pan for Dusk Front.jpg
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	18805

Name:	Pan for Dusk Side.jpg
Size:	48.1 KB
ID:	18806
                ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Comment

Oh my goodness Richard, those look absolutely realistic.

I think your knowledge of sculpting in R/L media helped you to understand how it's done, so once you got a handle on Sculptris and then Zbrush, made it a little easier than for someone like me who hasn't a clue how to sculpt, except for some pottery pots I did years ago. That was fun.

My Renderosity Gallery

Miss B's Graphics

Comment

Placeholder
                    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Comment

He looks great Richard! Can't wait to see more of him. :)
                      "Think Happy Thoughts". "Music Is What Feelings Sound Like"

Comment

Oh that's looking nice. Can't wait to see it finished.

My Renderosity Gallery

Miss B's Graphics

Comment

Nice thing about fiber hair is that you don't need transmaps if you don't want them. So it's a matter of getting it UV'd so I can apply texture maps giving a more natural darkness to the root and a lightness to the ends of the hair. Beards and eyebrows play that game a little differently in nature but it's one of the reasons I love the Auto Group feature in ZBrush, you can auto group and create variegated maps since no hair is really the same color. Nest time, if you don't color your hair, look at it in the sun light. There are allot of colors in there.
                          ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Comment

Wow! This is looking AWESOME!!!!

Comment

Thank you! :-)

OK, I think I have it worked out with the fiber hair beard. I have Mutton Chops, Mustache, Full Beard and Full Goatee. I think I'm about there getting them to look right put together. The Beard and Goatee will be separate loads but the stache and chops will be loadable by themselves as well so I'm hoping to offer facial hair options. Not figured out how to make stubble yet though.
                              ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Comment

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 146 at 11:33 PM on 08-30-2015.

Working...
                              X