Dawn of a New Era
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: RAMWorks projects .... "Pan"

McWolffie Prowls The Land Contributing Artist Mentor RAMWolff's Avatar

RAMWorks projects .... "Pan"

Hi Folks,

Haven't really been into the whole 3D thing much this Winter. Been just trying to stay healthy and enjoy my vacation. I'm now back at work (hairdressing) and decided it's time to delve back into 3D but this time more removed from the usual scope of attention I had before. Dealing with my ADD nutty mind swirl I have to deal with I always end up with more ideas than time to complete any of them. I'm hoping in time I'll get Bruno-D and Marilyn-D released as well as some of the clothing I was working on but it's all shelved for now. Right now I'm in ZBrush learning more and more of what I can accomplish there.

SO.... I pulled out an old Sculptris sculpt I did a couple of years back. Looked it over in ZBrush and with the improved QRemesher I thought "Why not, can't hurt" so I ended up with a pretty nice mesh to work off of. I then decided that I needed to start establishing my groups so I can turn areas off and remesh areas that were not quite coming out as evenly as I had hoped. Not sure when I put him all back together if it's going to work out but this is a learning experience. So far I've run into only a few frustrating walls but this has caused me to really get familiar with the Transpose tools and I'm getting allot better at using them (still think they could be improved upon but that's up to Pixologic), Today I got a really good bit done on the face including the entire inner mouth.

So far, eye balls in place but not done, Inner mouth including 32 teeth (upper/lower), tongue, inner mouth with all the detail needed, face along with eyelids and mouth shape. Thanks to the remesh abilities of ZBrush I got some nice flow lines to continue to improve the face as I go along. ..

Name:  PanFace-Front.jpg
Views: 385
Size:  128.3 KB

Name:  PanFace-InnerMouth.jpg
Views: 373
Size:  147.7 KB

Name:  PanFace-Side.jpg
Views: 362
Size:  81.4 KB
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Body and body extra's modeled but now have to work on the hands and finish up the torso and put some more detail into the tail and horns... I went ahead and gave him a full set of genitals. I'll create a morph to turn the whole thing into a pouch of sorts so folks that have issues with nudity (which makes me laugh because we are all naked with our clothes off) then they can have their neutered figure. Killed all those bits of details in Photoshop.

Name:  PanFull-Back.jpg
Views: 349
Size:  103.0 KB

Name:  PanFull-Front.jpg
Views: 351
Size:  110.6 KB

Name:  PanFull-Side.jpg
Views: 347
Size:  58.8 KB
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

A city that knows how to keep its secrets
    He looks fantastic! Really love this model.

Thanks so much Tim. Hopefully he will see the light of day. Lotta work ahead. Once the modeling is done then the textures and then rigging. OMG! lol
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

I have to envy anyone who can sculpt. I tried Sculptris, and another I can't remember the name of at the minute, and I felt like I had 3 thumbs. I thought it wouldn't be too hard since I use a pen and tablet, and have more control over the pen than I ever did with a mouse, but no-go. I guess I'll have to stick to regular modeling for now.

This looks awesome Richard. Keep at it.
    OK, Where's my chocolate?

My Renderosity Gallery

It's what you learn after you know it all that counts ~ John Wooden

That's great work RW, well done so far.

Thanks folks. It took a long time B to get there. I have some knowledge of fine arts and sculpting in real life media but getting my bearings in ZBrush was a task unto itself, hence why I worked in Sculptris to make the base for this those years back. When I was done with that it was shortly there after, like 6 months or so, when Genesis 01 hit and I found out it was fully welded so making morphs were not going to be a juggling act getting all the exported pieces plugged in like with V4 and M4. That sent me on my way to delve into the UI of ZBrush more and more and asked allot of questions. I probably drove a few folks crazy with all the questions but that's how you learn. That's why when I can I help out immediately with showing what I know of what ever it is.....
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Got the sideburns in. Lotta lotta work there! YIKES!

Name:  PanSideburns.jpg
Views: 320
Size:  78.8 KB
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Oh my goodness Richard, those look absolutely realistic.

I think your knowledge of sculpting in R/L media helped you to understand how it's done, so once you got a handle on Sculptris and then Zbrush, made it a little easier than for someone like me who hasn't a clue how to sculpt, except for some pottery pots I did years ago. That was fun.

My Renderosity Gallery

Thanks B. Here is the beard, mostly. I still have to connect the stache with the main beard and the center and then mirror it and that will be done...

Name:  PanBeard.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  142.1 KB
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Extraordinary HW3D Community Volunteer cadmar's Avatar
    He looks great Richard! Can't wait to see more of him. :)
    "Think Happy Thoughts". (Rick)

Oh that's looking nice. Can't wait to see it finished.

My Renderosity Gallery

Nice thing about fiber hair is that you don't need transmaps if you don't want them. So it's a matter of getting it UV'd so I can apply texture maps giving a more natural darkness to the root and a lightness to the ends of the hair. Beards and eyebrows play that game a little differently in nature but it's one of the reasons I love the Auto Group feature in ZBrush, you can auto group and create variegated maps since no hair is really the same color. Nest time, if you don't color your hair, look at it in the sun light. There are allot of colors in there.
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Energetic Contributing Artist Expert Art Sorcery's Avatar
    Wow! This is looking AWESOME!!!!

Thank you! :-)

OK, I think I have it worked out with the fiber hair beard. I have Mutton Chops, Mustache, Full Beard and Full Goatee. I think I'm about there getting them to look right put together. The Beard and Goatee will be separate loads but the stache and chops will be loadable by themselves as well so I'm hoping to offer facial hair options. Not figured out how to make stubble yet though.
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Energetic Contributing Artist Expert Art Sorcery's Avatar
    That sounds great Ram! You could try stubble as a texture???

OK, got the rest of the beard done and the partials fitted so they go well together.

Here you see the Beard Base with the Mutton Chops, Soul Patch, Goatee and Mustache and Mustache Filler. I got the Eyebrows done too! YAY!

Name:  Pan-Goatee-MuttonChops.jpg
Views: 392
Size:  138.7 KB

Brows Detail:

Name:  Pan-BrowsDetail.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  88.8 KB
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

A city that knows how to keep its secrets
    Very yay! Love his face. :)

Awww, thanks Terry. I'm realizing how much work this is going to be so trying to pace myself so the burnout factor doesn't get to me. With the facial hair out of the way (I've got a cold right now so not much else to do on my days off but sit and keep warm and out of the cold) ... next will be the head hair. I'm not sure yet how to approach that. I think a wig base, which I have created already but then where to go from there. Not sure if it's going to be fiber hair or traditional transmapped hair.
    ---Wolff On The Prowl---

Quote Originally Posted by RAMWolff View Post
    Not figured out how to make stubble yet though.
    I made a stubble preset a few months ago and saved it. I will upload it to dropbox later and post the link here. You can use it as a starting point and adjust the maxfibres to get the density you want. It's worth a try and might do what you need it to.